Burning Candles Successfully:
Candlelight is a great mood enhancer. It is probably one of the easiest ways to add instant atmosphere to any room. Available in a huge array of sizes, shapes and wax leads to a few questions on how to best care for your candles. Here are a few tips and tricks that may add to your experience and extend the life of your candles:
- 1. Burn your pillar candle one hour for every inch of its diameter. This will aid in a more even burn because the candles wax has more time to burn to the outter rim of the candle.
- 2. Before you light your candle, trim the wick to one-quarter inch. Repeat every time you light the candle. This will ensure a clean, smoke-free burn. Invest in superior quality candles, they are virtually smokeless.
- 3. Candles need oxygen. If you burn a candle in a confined area it may smoke. Consider the size of the room and the location of the candles. Avoid drafty locations.
- 4. To guard your candles against fading, avoid placing them in direct sunlight.
- 5. Store your candles in a dry, cool, dark place.
- 6. Wax candle adapters are the easiest way to hold a taper candle in place and prevent it from tipping over. The soft wax is pliable and sticks to both holder and candle.
- 1. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- 2. Keep candles out of the reach of children.
- 3. Always place your candles on sturdy, non-flammable holders, in sizes appropriate for the candles.
- 5. Never burn a candle completely. Dispose of it when it burns to within one inch of the base.
- 6. Remember to remove the labels on your candles.